Individuals, couples, and small groups are invited to travel to Haiti for a week--long mission experience through Heartline Foundation.
Haiti, officially the Republic of Haiti, is a Caribbean country that occupies the western, smaller portion of the island of Hispaniola. It is located in the Greater Antillean archipelago, and its eastern neighbor is the nation of the Dominican Republic.
On January 12, 2010 at 4:53 pm local time, Haiti was struck by a magnitude-7.0 earthquake, the country’s most severe earthquake in over 200 years.
Once the rumbling and shaking stopped, close to 316,000 people had perished and 1.6 million were left homeless. The country has yet to recover from the 2010 earthquake (and subsequent incidents) due to both the extent of the damage as well as a lack of stability and effectiveness within the country’s government and infrastructure.
Announcing our 2016 mission schedule! See dates below. Reservations are first come, first serve. The trips are led by our Executive Director, Frank Verdi, who has traveled to Haiti every month for over 2 years and knows the region very well. All lodging is provided by our own Guest House.
Upcoming Open Experiences:
- December 5-11, 2015 (Men’s team open to others)
- January 2-8, 2016
- February 13 – 19, 2016 (Couples Only HEARTline Valentine’s Team)
* This team will be staying at the Visa Lodge which offers 2/room accommodations and a pool for couples’ use
- March 5 – 12, 2016 (Custom team open to others)
- March 19 – 25, 2016 (Custom team of mothers/daughters open to others)
- June 11 – 18, 2016 (Extra night, Graduation week! We encourage all sponsors to travel during this week)
- June 18 – 25, 2016 (Ladies team open to ages 12+)
- July 16 – 22, 2016
- July 23 – 29, 2016 (Ladies team open to ages 12+)
- August 6 – 12, 2016
- Oct 17 – 23, 2016 (Pastor Week, more info to come!)
Upcoming Custom Experiences:
You can contact us to set up your own group trip. Gather 10-32 travelers for your own group and pick the week of the year you would like to travel (pending availability). We will help you make your vision a reality.
Please contact us for more information!
Come serve those you support financially or through prayer. Typical short--term trips require a minimum of ten travelers. Prayerfully consider joining us as we strive to fulfill The Great Commission in Haiti this year! (Matthew 28:16--20)
“It would certainly be easy enough for me to reference many Bible verses and simply say that God not only expects us to go, but He commands us to go. Now I understand that not everyone can travel to remote areas of the world spreading the Gospel, but our mission goes deeper than that.
Our desire for these customized trips is for you to experience Haiti on an intimate level as you learn about and serve the people of this country. Our prayer is that the experience serves as a catalyst and God uses it to transform a week-long mission trip into a continued relationship between you and those you serve through Heartline Ministries.
In 2012, God opened my eyes and heart to a country full of people in desperate need – both physically and spiritually. It has been my observation during the past 13 months that by far the largest reason people in Haiti go without the most basic needs is due to a lack of willingness – our lack of willingness as a community of brothers and sisters in Christ to reach out to our neighbors with the same type of love and compassion that Christ has for us.
It would be difficult to articulate all the miracles and blessings I have personally witnessed while serving in Haiti. I strongly believe that if God has opened your heart to be a part of this amazing and life changing experience, you will know … and simply sign up. I have no doubt you will witness your own miracles.
I am praying for each of you, and I look forward to serving the people of Haiti with you soon.”
– Frank Verdi, Executive Director of Heartline Foundation
Come Serve with Us!
Help bring hope to Haiti on a weeklong Heartline Foundation Mission Experience. Join us on one of our scheduled trips or pull together a team of 10-30 participants for a customized trip. What these experiences can include are:
• Construction of churches, schools or needed facilities that help single moms, expectant mothers, children, or men seeking to build a future for themselves and their families.
• Leadership training for young adults and teenagers.
• Showering love on orphaned children, many of whom were left without parents by the 2010 earthquake. Groups will bring food and shoes or just play with them in fun activities while sharing the message of God’s love.
• Exploring and touring Heartline Ministries’ various programs in Port-au-Prince, Haiti
• Exploring Haiti as a whole
Accommodations are safe and comfortable at either the Heartline Guest House or the Visa Lodge in Port-au-Prince. All meals are provided, along with transportation, translators, and a guide that will lead you through your experience. In addition to serving the poorest nation in the world, participants will also gain an understanding of the culture and environment of Haiti, touring local markets with beautiful handcrafted items and attending a local Haitian church.
1 John 3:17-18 ESV "But if anyone has the world's goods and sees his brother in need, yet closes his heart against him, how does God's love abide in him? Little children, let us not love in word or talk but in deed and in truth."
Rather than exhausting myself by driving around from activity to activity, I was serving others with hard labor and feeling more energized than ever before.
The country and its people left such a profound impact on me that now I serve Haiti in a new capacity. I am so blessed God has opened the door for me to do this full time.
- Cortney Donelson, Haiti Mission Team Member June 2013 and now, Director Administration of Heartline Foundation